>>
..:: సర్వభూజనులారా , యోహోవాను బట్టి ఉత్సహించుడి , ఆర్భాటముతో సంతోషగానము చేయుడి కీర్తనలు పాడుడి - కీర్తన 98:4 ::..

Strength in Weakness

Posted by Jhon Peter Friday, October 26, 2012
Strength in Weakness
By Stan Elder

In our ministry, we love when God uses our strength and/or giftedness because it is easy for us.  Life is smooth and there are not very many bumps in the road. But!!!  God also uses our weaknesses and the areas that we consider our failures. We beg God to please take this away.  There are times when he says “no”, but also says “I will use it”. This is something we do not like. We’d rather have everything in control, and make sure our weaknesses are hidden.  When God uses our weakness, it can be frightening to us like this picture of this youth worker jumping over fire.
In 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Paul’s shows us a difficulty in his life. Paul had something that was so painful to him that he called it a “thorn in my flesh” and “a messenger of Satan”.  We do not know what this problem was, but it was chronically debilitating to him. He pleaded to God to take it away. Basically God answered him and said “No! I will use it”. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  I do not believe this was what Paul wanted to hear.  No one wants to hear God say “no” after pleading to remove a painful issue in their life. In this instance, God was telling Paul his weaknesses
will lean on God’s grace.   Paul saw the joy in letting God’s power be used in his weakness.  In fact, he said that he was boasting, glad, and delighted in his weakness. Paul understood that allowing God to fill him with His power was greater than Paul doing it on his own.
I understand Paul’s request to God. It’s a prayer I have probably pray a million times myself. My thorn in my flesh is that I have two disabilities.  I deal with a speech impediment and a form of dyslexia. I don’t see words backwards as some people do, but I will sometimes place words and letters out of order. I have struggled throughout my life with speaking, reading, and writing. As a five year old, I remember working with a number of therapists on both impediments.  Through time and hard work, I found that I wasn’t stupid – in fact, I was intelligent (and I like to think still am). I could do everything other people can do; I just need to do things a little differently.  I also thought that I would never have a job that included public speaking or writing for an audience. In the movie “The King’s Speech,” King George VI had to give a speech to England explain that England was heading into World War II. The problem was that the king had a severe speech impediment, and it was up to him to speak to his country.  He quoted, “The nation believes when I speak, I speak for them. I can’t speak.” This relates to my life in many ways.  There have been a number of times I’ve asked God “How can I do this? I slur my words and have hard time writing about it.”
God has done and is continuing to do amazing things in my life.  I’ve been in youth ministry for 16 years now, which is a highly communicating field.  I have spoken at youth retreats, conferences, sermons, and meetings.  Now, with the Network, I speak to others to gather support for my efforts and to equip and train other youth leaders.  In the Network, I’m writing articles, reports, and prayer letters every month.   I have seen God’s works of grace and power in my weaknesses. I have discovered that when I recognize my limitations and turn to God in everything I do, I’m more effective.   To this point, I can say what Paul said “I delight in weaknesses, and in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  This gives me courage, and deepens my worship because when I admit my weakness, I’m affirming God’s strength.
What is your story?  Do you trust in your abilities alone? Are you afraid to step outside of you comfort zone?  Are you allowing God to demonstrate his power through your weaknesses? The problem with working only with your strengths is that you are tempted to do it without God and that can become pride.  Your weaknesses allow God to fill you with his power which is a lot stronger than your own. God never intend you to be passive or ineffective. Yes, in life, there will be setbacks and failures, but do not let them pull you down.  Look at some of the great people in history who had weaknesses and failures.  Albert Einstein’s parents and teachers thought he was mentally handicapped. He was also expelled from school. Isaac Newton never did particularly well in school either. Thomas Edison’s teacher said he was “too stupid to learn anything.” In the scriptures, Moses, Gideon, and Peter had weaknesses and failures, but God displayed His power in them.  In all things, depend on God. In your weakness, let God’s strength shine in you. You will find that God will use you in ways you can never imagine.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Chrstian Lybrary APK Downlad

Chrstian Lybrary APK Downlad
Mobile APK Downlad Telugu E-Books Telugu Bible study Telugu Christian Songs Lyrics Telugu Christian Messages Telugu Christian Songs Mp3 TELUGU CHRISTIAN VIDEO SONG Bible pdf Bible Quotes, Bible study Bible Verses Christmas Wallpaper English Bible .Pdf English Bible mobile jar files Free Jesus Christ wallpapers Jesus Christ pictures